In 2004 and again in 2015 LMI Group revised its business principles to include a commitment to the environment, this undertaking was built around the principle of efficient use of resources; our reduce, reuse and recycle values are focused on:
- Hot water
- Heating and Cooling
- Machinery usage
In May 2015, LMI's Melbourne Office was the first to have solar panels fitted to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels.
- Waste reduction and recycling (both organic and inorganic materials)
- For example LMI Group offices participate (where available) in the Close the Loop initiative which aims to achieve zero waste by recycling single use disposable ink or toner cartridges; this programme avoids the traditional land fill outcome for these products.
- Adopting where possible a reusable rather disposable policy in our work environment
- Using recycled paper or paper sourced from sustainable forests.
- Reduced water usage
- Recycling batteries
- Recycling used mobile phones